1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Version 1.40 Update

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jun 1, 2022.

By akai on Jun 1, 2022 at 8:25 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    page-title.png
    On the one year anniversary of Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, version 1.40 was released with the Tekken 7 Collaboration Pack. Updating to 1.40 is mandatory for online gameplay. For your convenience the patch 1.40 notes from Sega is posted here also.

• NEW ADD-ON CONTENT
    • Added the TEKKEN 7 Collaboration Pack. With this update, various UI elements have been adjusted. VFDC Note: Two new titles added as part of the DLC pack are "Iron Fist" and "Tekken Team."
    COSTUME CHANGE FOR CPU OPPONENTS
    • Playing Arcade Mode while wearing a costume from any of the following add-on costume sets will also change the CPU opponent’s costume type.
      • VF J1
      • VF J2
      • Yakuza
      • TEKKEN 7
    MISCELLANEOUS
    • Added legal text in Settings/Configuration of the Main Menu.
    BUG FIXES
    • Fixed an issue that caused an error for the PS4 user spectating a match between two PS5 players in Room Match, etc.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented a character that went out of the ring from being deemed as such under specific conditions.
    • Fixed other minor issues.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Mister
      Mister
      I'm not sure I understand what this mean.
    2. akai
      akai
      Game-wise nothing, most likely more legal jargon on what was used to make the game (as was added in previous updates) or what you can legally do with the copy of the game you have.
    3. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      No words about fixing an error for PS5 user spectating in Room...
      There are many things that needs to be fixed in the game.

May be this is right time to make a new Wish/Fixing list for SEGA?...
      masterpo likes this.
    4. akai
      akai
      If you take Aoki's word that he and the development team (roughly paraphrased) "are aware and consider fans' wishes, etc but that updates to the game will take time" then another wish/fixing list is not needed, imo. Politely giving feedback through the appropriate medium through VF_Official, RGG, and/or Aoki might be the way to go about it. I'm not sure. Just don't expect a reply that acknowledge they received your feedback.
      Tricky, masterpo and ToyDingo like this.
    5. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      finally we can play against CPU with VF1 and Yakuza skins in arcade mode!
    6. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Honestly, almost a year has gone and it does not look like that they "are aware" - i.e. so many much more crucial fixes and updates are needed than that "collaboration packs" and "legal text in settings". During the year other companies release much mire fixing patches, even indie low budget dev teams
      shad likes this.
    7. akai
      akai
      In my opinion, Sega definitely "are aware." However, Sega's priorities are not necessarily aligned to fans' priorities. Also amongst the fans, priorities are different amongst us also!
      Tricky, VanguardBronze and masterpo like this.
    8. break
      break
      Hmm...do you think we will get a physical PS5 exclusive version with all of the DLC (and fixes) one day ?
      Glad that the ring out bug has been addressed !
    9. Myke
      Myke
      As someone who gets disconnected from spectating at least once almost every session, I'll be grateful if this gets finally fixed!

But in terms of the Ring Out bug, I wasn't really aware of this. Does anyone have further details on how/why it occurred?
      break likes this.
    10. break
      break
      Did not run into the PS5 vs PS5 spectate bug myself, but glad to know that it is resolved !
      If I remember correctly, on certain stages,
      You could step or be knock out of the ring in a certain way and the game not 'flag' or recognize it.
      I think I saw this once or twice while spectating room matches.
      With that said, I am unsure how common it was.
      Myke and akai like this.
    11. akai
      akai
    12. Myke
      Myke
      Actually, I think the Ring Out bug was related to this:

13. akai
      akai
      A couple players have mentioned the sound is delayed or is not in sync to the animation.

Anyone on VFDC have experience this sound issue?
    14. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      as for sound, I noticed that sometimes there is a little delay in the phrase during the winning pose.
      But I was playing with VF1 skins, so I can't confirm the lipsynch.
      akai likes this.