1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC VF5FS Command Lists

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

Pai's [3][P][K] (charge) [2] gives +6 frames if you do the fastest input i.e. ([3][P][K][2])
    so pai get the next frame data:
    Guard /normal hit = -2
    Counter hit = +9
    Side standing = 0
    Side counter hit = +11
    Crouching Guard = -3
    Side Crouching Guard= -1

Also this move is -5 in recovery counter hit and +1 if you do the charge cancel

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    This is embarrassing but somehow I missed a big one all these years, spotted it on @Juicebox_FGC stream today:

Hold Face Knee [6][P][3][K] (hit) [P][+][G] should be listed as (counterhit) instead.

Also, @Myke: would it be possible to flag some moves as "followups" and have a "show followups" toggle? I noticed how Juice was scrolling up-and-down all the time and struggling to parse all the information available in one go (Vanessa's movelist is notoriously long) and thought that filtering some of the noise out would facilitate learning a new character.

I know it's super late to implement this request for VF5FS but, just in case VF5US has any gameplay adjustments and we need a new movelist it might be worth considering. Surely, behind the scenes, you have already implemented something similar in order for the Flat/Tabbed view to work, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle(?)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Chanchai likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Corrected, and thanks!

Bit of history, back when I was first creating the Command Lists for VFDC I had some discussions with (then moderator) @akai around the presentation of information. He proposed an idea of grouping commands in a hierarchy, so any children commands (follow-ups) will be "contained within" the parent commands (the lead-in).

Possible ways to present this was by either having collapsible/expandable groups (with +/- buttons to interact), or showing the children visually indented under the parent. At the time, I was never entirely sold on the value this might provide and/or didn't have time to implement properly. I think one of the issues was figuring out what to do when sorting by a particular column (say, Damage) because the grouping/containers would now no longer apply.

Having said that, I do have a list of new features for the next major upgrade to the site, so I'll definitely include this one for a another look. Thanks!

akai, Chanchai and erdraug like this.
  4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry I missed this correction!

Just looking at it now, you say [3][P][K] (charge) [2] gives an addition 6 frames advantage over, I'm assuming, the regular [3][P], right? If so, then the numbers you provided don't quite add up? The frame data for [3][P] shows:

Grd: -9 | NH: -8 | CH: +3

So, an additional 6 frames from [3][P][K] (charge) [2] should put these at:

Grd: -3 | NH: -2 | CH: +9

But above you wrote that both Guard and NH are -2? Can you confirm?

So, just to be clear, when you say "this move" you're referring to the regular [3][P], right? The RCH data is missing from the Command List so I'll add that too. And, just confirming, when charge cancelled at the fastest timing, the RCH is also boosted by 6 frames to +1.

Chanchai and jimi Claymore like this.
  5. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

Sorry Myke you're correct i was doing that cancel at max distance so i get an extra frame

Grd: -3 | NH: -2 | CH: +9

Is the correct one here

And yeah regular [3][P] is -5 on recovery counter hit and is also boosted by 6 frames to +1 if you do the cancel, i don't think a RCH data is necesary because this is the only move that i know where you can get some + frames on RCH every other move is going to be the same as NH.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Chanchai and Myke like this.
  6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for confirming @jimi Claymore and I've now updated Pai's from [3][P][K] (charge) [2] with a note specifying the additional 6 frames.

Not sure if you're referring to Pai specifically, but there are characters with +frames granted on RCH. For example, Kage's [3][K] and [P][+][K].

Chanchai likes this.
  7. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    @Myke could we add the frame adjustment rules for sideblocking in the "Guide to Reading and Using the VFDC Command Lists" that appear in the https://virtuafighter.com/commands/ page?

I wanted to refresh my memory on some of the specifics (more than 25 damage = +5 frames?) and I can't seem to find that info elsewhere. I am certain you have made it available somewhere but it's not a bad idea to have it also appear here.

Besides, it doesn't have to be direct replication, it can be something like adding a disclaimer "Be aware that this frame data is for normal (front) blocking - blocking the attacks from the side follows the rules listed here (insert link)" at the bottom of the "Frame Difference Values" section.

Also, while we're on the subject of side+command list: maybe the command list notes should mention if an attack sidecrumples? I can imagine a confused newcomer visiting the command lists, trying to figure out why their "boring" sidekick suddenly caused their opponent to crumple; it would be nice if the info were there.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Ares-olimpico and Chanchai like this.
  8. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I remember those discussions!

Some additional property notes that I think would be good to add to Pai's command list:

[6][P] - Senchuken - staggers against both side crouching and back-turned crouching opponents. (Juicebox on Twitter)

(while standing)[P][+][K] - Hi'en Tenshinshou - staggers against both side-turned and back-turned opponents on normal or counter hit.

[3][P] - Soukasui - Add to Notes section: recovery counter hit -5 (jimi form earlier post in this thread :))

(back turned)[2][P] - Haishin Kasui - Add to Notes section: recovery counter hit -3

Myke and Chanchai like this.
  9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks @akai, Pai's command list has now been updated. Unfortunately, the data for stagger vs side/back turned crouch had to be captured in the notes, as this was too specific to add into my magical side-turned-calculations-with-(some)-exceptions command list data algorithm.

akai likes this.
  10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    @Myke just a minor correction for
    (while standing)[P][+][K] - Hi'en Tenshinshou - it staggers against both side-turned and back-turned opponents, not just crouching.

Myke likes this.
  11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Lei's Kakushu Suigeki :
    In the note section it mentions Kyo Shiki transition, NH: +6, CH: +6. I believe that is a typo/error from the Masters Guide.

Fastest command input to Kyo Shiki transition will reduce recovery by 10 frames.

So normally, [6][P] on G: -6 NH: -3, CH: +1.
    [6][P][P][+][K][+][G] fastest input on G: +4 NH: +7 CH: +11

VFnumbers likes this.
  12. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Possible BUG: at least on mobile site version there is no way to select Version of VF. When press on VF5FS or Commands - nothing happened.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    On my android phone, selecting previous version command lists works fine. Can you provide some more information or screenshots?

14. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    iOS , Safari
    Pressing on Commands - nothing, only character list
    Pressing on version VFFS - nothing, only character list
    How to insert screenshots w/o links?

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I just tested it on iOS ver 15.2.1 using the Safari browser, and it works as expected. Here are some screenshots:

iOS screen 1.png
    On your mobile, from the main Commands list page scroll all the way to the bottom to view the available past versions.

iOS screen 2.png
    After selecting, say, VF4FT you'll be taken to the character select page for that game version, as indicated in the title.

iOS screen 3.png
    Finally, selecting a character will then show you the command list for that character in that game version.

There might be something else happening on your device that unfortunately I can't help you with.

Simply drag-and-drop your image(s) into the message window, or use the "Upload a File" button at the bottom of the message window next to "Post Reply".

SUGATA likes this.
  16. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    iOS12.5, Safari
    Pressing on Commands or VF5FS opens Character selection screen,
    And yes at the bottom after scrolling all the way down I found the version screen, I thought it will be in visible part of the screen when pressing on version.
    Thank you !

Attached Files:

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What do you see when you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page?

18. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Excuse me , I edited my post before saw you answer, I found the version list, but it was a surprise that the version selection is on the bottom of the page, not in front of me when pressing version, not very intuitive)
    Thank you for your help!

Btw are here on VFDC VF story or lore section ? I was forced to create a thread:
    https://virtuafighter.com/threads/v...lore-and-story-compilation.21832/#post-413419

19. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I don't know if it's been noticed but the titles for the previous version title are currently showing the smilies where it's ver B. Or maybe it's just me. I like it though. B)

20. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Can you share a screenshot? I'm not exactly sure where you're seeing that!