1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC VF5FS Command Lists

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, Jun 14, 2012.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    From the page https://virtuafighter.com/commands/ where it says all command list versions. It might just be something to do with my browser settings turning all 8 and ) with no space in between into the smilie

Attached Files:

akai likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    LOL, that's definitely a browser thing!

upload_2022-6-2_19-41-19.png

MarlyJay likes this.
  3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Well I've decided I like it, so won't be fixing it :cool:

Would it be worth us expanding the notes we have for moves? Simple is good too, but the notes for vanilla were more in depth. Stuff like the move classes for sabakis.

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Jeffry's Double Knuckle~Upper - [P][P][P] the command list currently lists the attack on blocked is -13 and executes at 17 frames. It should actually be listed as 16 frames...and maybe a note on this move.

While watching Tricky's stream, it was discovered there are some discrepancies with the command list. After some tests, it seems the attack actually executes at 16 frames (on block -13). However, in most situations the attack will make contact 1 frame later (17) and Jeffry will be at -12 on block. It seems the only time Jeffry's Double Knuckle~Upper will land more consistently on frame 16 and be -13 on block is when the opponent's back is to the corner of a wall and open stance.

For most intended purposes, people should expect Jeffry will be -12 and -9 (side turned) on block in most situations.

Mister, MarlyJay and Tricky like this.
  5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I've corrected the frame difference on Guard from -13 to -12. I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't make contact on the 16th frame in open play and in any stance, but I'm equally not that bothered by it. The startup on mid-string attacks is not that interesting, IMO, since you can't use that info for "punishment".

Also, I don't think the exception (against the corner in open stance) is really that noteworthy either? I think it's just forcing the situation where Jeffry advances during startup against an opponent who cannot be pushed away, forcing contact to occur a frame earlier.

akai likes this.
  6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The corner example was used to show how I can consistently make contact on the 16th frame of execution. You can still make contact on the 16th frame of execution when perpendicular to the wall, away from the wall, and in closed stance. It is possible, but not probable.

While this info is not necessarily useful for practical purposes, it is indeed a fact. IMO, for the command lists, I would:
    • Enter in the frame data section: 16 frame exe and -13 at guard.
      • That is a fact, regardless of practical purposes. Somewhat like commands with dash input...for practical purposes you should add 1 additional frame of when it actually executes.
    • Enter in the Note section: "In majority of situations, Upper will make contact at the 17th frame; thus, Jeffry is at -12 frames when the Upper is guarded."
      • This info is noteworthy.
    This also leads to the question of whether the active frames is actually 5 active frames from frame 16-20 or just 4 active frames from frame 16-19. Definitely not a priority to figure out (or am willing to test out).

===

Also, when you have time, can you edit the note section for this Lei move?

Tricky likes this.
  7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    akai likes this.
  8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    @Chanchai mention this last week, but might have forgotten to post it ;)

Sarah's Double Joint Butt -
    I forgot if you can manually adjust the Crouching Guard / Side Crouching Guard frame data table. If not, add it into in the notes section?

Chanchai likes this.
  9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You can override the Crouching Guard data, but unfortunately not the Side Crouching Guard data (which should be -5):

upload_2023-6-8_1-14-52.png

These extended data sets are automatically determined given the attack properties and applying the correct Side Turn bonus. Unfortunately, in the cases of Special Mid attacks, there's a bug in the algorithm, so I've added a note.

SUGATA, Chanchai and akai like this.
  10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Jacky's Step-In Middle Kick

[6][6][K][+][G][4] , recovers back-turned. There is a slight frame advantage for Jacky on block when recovering to back-turned (2 frame difference).

Instead of -5 on block, Jacky is -3 if player chose to recover back-turned.

And against a side-turned opponnent, instead of +1 on block, Jacky is +3 if player chose to recover back-turned.

Interesting, the +frames from recovering back-turned only applies to blocking opponent. Normal hit does not get additional frame advantage.

Myke, erdraug and Chanchai like this.
  11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for that, I've updated the notes on Jacky's Step-In Middle Kick accordingly.

That is interesting! Do we know of any other cases where the frame bonus due to recovery state is only applied on guard?

Chanchai and akai like this.
  12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Myke - I am not aware of any. But I currently have more free time and seeing that there is at LEAST one example, I will be more cautious when studying VF and making notes for the command lists.

Chanchai and Myke like this.
  13. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    For Leifei 3k

If it hits the opponent while they are side crouching they will stagger. This applies when they are side crouching guarding, side crouching normal hit, and side crouching counter hit.

upload_2023-8-30_21-10-3.png

Myke and akai like this.
  14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This is another one of those cases where the Command List isn't quite setup to show a distinction between Side Standing vs Crouching data. To give you a peek under the Command List editing hood, Side data is normally calculated via the Side Turn bonus formula (based on damage), but these fields allow it to be overridden. For example, many sidekicks crumple on Side CH (standing or crouching), rather than just give a frame bonus.

However, when I developed this many (many) years ago, I wasn't aware of attacks that had different properties on Side Turned Standing vs Crouching for Guard, NH and CH, so it was built with the assumption that data for Side Turned Standing was the same for Crouching, hence only the one field to edit below:

upload_2023-8-31_15-59-35.png

For now, this has been captured in the Notes. But one day I'll do a major update and build this in properly.

15. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    @Myke - a minor typo for all semicircular attacks avoidable by evading to the back side.

opponent instead of opponenet's​

Myke likes this.
  16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hi'en Tenshinshō

Special Mid move that on crouch guard does not cause opponnent to be downed. Should be -5 frame listed in the notes section.

Found by GrumpyMonk on VF Discord.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks, can't believe it took this long to spot the typo! Now corrected.

Updated. Also, you misspelled opponent! ;)

akai likes this.
  18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Touché :notworthy:

19. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Command List says Jeffry’s 66P+K has 3 active hit frames.

However, according to the following link, it is actually 6 active frames.

https://wiki.dengekionline.com/VFes/ジェフリー 技表(フレームデータ)

This topic came from a Discord discussion where @VolcanoShed
    And @PKGJimmy provided the Japanese frame data link to point out 6 active frames.

VolcanoShed and akai like this.
  20. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Jeffry's Overblow Shoulder [6][6][P][+][K] has had its active frames corrected from 3 to 6.

The data used for VFDCs Command Lists were from official publications so any errors you may encounter likely originated from there. As always, please feel free to post any corrections here!

Chanchai, akai and VolcanoShed like this.