1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Want to play VF5-FS; PS3 or xbox?

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by s050399b, Jul 5, 2013.

1. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

Hi guys,

I'm interested in playing this game; was wondering if there are more players in the PS3 online network or XBox online?

I understand that PS3 hardware is more expensive to own, and xbox online cost about $60 per yr or so?

thanks,

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The general consensus, is that the PS3 Online Network has more players, but there is less net issues with Final Showdown on the 360 Online Network.

It sounds like you don't have either system?

3. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

I don't have either yet, so thinking about buying one; a xbox 360 slim 4gb cost around AUD$138 here, and PS3 with 12GB cost about $198

Do you know how's the visual display among 2 of them? Planning to get it over the weekend. I would be playing it on the 46" 1080 TV, I am assuming they are both 1080 with HDMI?

4. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

it's great I can buy and download the games online!

5. SpLSlick

SpLSlick Active Member

There is a 12gb ps3?!?!?!?!!?!? :O

6. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    IIRC, both versions are 1080p and run identically

7. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    VF5FS is 720p. It seems like you are living in Australia? If you are purchasing the system specifically for VF...there was a thread about which system VF players in Australia are playing on....Myke the administrator for VFDC is from Australia, so he might be able to give a better idea of the Australia VF community preference.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  8. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

SpLSlick likes this.
  9. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

Thanks, I think I have found the thread~~
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf5-in-australia-xbox-or-ps3-better.15709/

10. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

OMG!! the fighting sticks are so expensive!! I think it would be more expensive than the console! what sticks are u guys using?

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  11. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

12. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

13. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Lol. Yes the arcade sticks do cost a nice little chunk. I use a MadCatz SF4TE stick. Supposed to be high quality parts inside of it and easy to swap stuff out if need be.

With arcade sticks, it's pretty much a "you get what you paid for" type thing. My first stick I bought was $50. I played almost 10 hours a week. It was junk a little after 6 months of use. It still worked, but buttons started responding less and less as time went on, which pretty much made it useless.

The one I have now cost $130. But I've been using it heavily for about 4 years and it's still as good as the day I bought it. So you just have to ask yourself if you're going to put the time in and be trying to get good/ is playing VF and other fighters going to be a main hobby for you? If so, Id recommend spending the extra money. If you're only going to play an hour or so a week, than maybe the cheaper option will be better for you. Just know that it WILL start dying on you eventually. Trust when I say, it sucks when that starts happening.

14. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
  15. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    You might be better off with PlayStation3, given your location. If you have really fast, wired in broadband, you might even be able to connect to Japan. Xbox is not such a big console over there of course, so factor that in. I doubt you'll be able to play Europe on either console, but large parts of America should be OK. XBL is more stable, and, for me anyway, gives less input delay, but then it's a smaller scene. PSN has a lot more quick-fire, casual games in the ranked mode. Horses for courses.

If you're serious about playing fighting games over the next few years, then saving up and buying a decent stick with sturdy Japanese parts is a perfectly reasonable investment, that you should have a lot of fun with :)

16. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You can usually find decent sticks at half price or less if you dig around or be patient.

17. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

OMG!! I have been scammed!! There's is no one online WORLDWIDE to play VF5 FS!!!

I bought the xbox 360 Slim, bought the VF5 FS, and activated xbox gold...........I want to return the console! Waste of my time and money

18. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

found a ranked game 10 mins later, and about 4 different players; 2 USA, 1 Japan, and 1 UK.

Lost all the 20 odd games, but won 1 with UK - he PM me saying it was too laggy.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  19. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

and I am still waiting for the next game; hmmmmmm

Does anyone have PS3? do you have to wait like more than 15 mins for a game?

20. s050399b

s050399b Active Member

had another from the UK; pretty laggy.

Players from USA are not laggy at all.