1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

evading vs specific characters

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Unicorn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    After seeing the "which throw is the bets to escape vs specific characters" thrwad, I got an idea it would be cool to do the some for evades.
    So, the question is simple: which direction is prefferable to evade in vs specific characters and why?

There are some great posts in this thread I wish to point out:
    Shun1 / Shun2 / Shun3 / Shun4
    Lau
    Vanessa
    Taka
    Lei
    Pai / Pai2

Sozos and Chanchai like this.
  2. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

Nice idea for a thread. For Sarah I'd say it's best to evade to her back in normal stance (to avoid getting launched by [K] or [8][K]+[G]), and to her front in flamingo stance (unless the Sarah player really likes fl [3][P]). :)

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

vs Eileen evade to her front.

4. pana

pana Well-Known Member

vs. Jacky:
    don't evade.

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    why? does he have such a god full circulars?

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Jackys most important semicirculars are imo [6_][K] (evaded to back) and [4][P] (evaded to front). I'm not really sure how I should call it.

He also has several good fullcirculars if he really wants to kill evade, but thats beside the point. I think front is more likely the correct direction to evade..

7. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    you fucking moron.

if you evade toward wolf's stomach, you get super owned by 3kg. woohoo screw hook! BIG DEAL! LOL truth of the matter is, it's not about the moves list when it comes to fighting wolf. it's about your opponent's tendencies. the answer is N/A for wolf.

:D

Tricky and Unicorn like this.
  8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I agree with Flash (sans the "moron" part) that you should evade wolf to his back, due to sidekick and 3K+G.

It's actually possible to say ones opinion without calling someone a moron.

9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Flash, do not spoil it! We can get BIG advantage here!!! PSSTH!
    Yep, I swapped the direction when posting this.
    Fcking moron I am, thx for correctiong :D

10. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

well it's true that wolf has a really great [3][K]+:G that gives him a great combo, but it's also true that is really really slow. With that in mind you should evade and cancel the evade with guard and guard. That's probably the safest option, but as Krye mentione some time ago, the E(C)DGTE is less powerfull when the disadvantage is bigger.

11. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    mister you are a fucking moron.

dontchu know that if you evade the wrong way, it's auto MC? do you need me to explain what MC means too?

fucking retard. this is why VFDC stays free minus 1%.

12. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Chief, help us to not be free and tell us where to better evade VS characters we do not have covered yet :p

13. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Share the information or fuck off .

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  14. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Mister is actually mostly correct. There is no way for Wolf to hit you with 3K+G in small disadvantages if you do 866TE. Your character will evade the wrong way cancel and then block 3K+G, no counter hit.

On wakeup and high disadvantage situations, you should evade to Wolf's back. On smaller disadvantages to Wolf's chest because 3K+G isn't an option.

Evade to Jean's back.

Maxou, Tricky, Mister and 2 others like this.
  15. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Against leifei in normal stance evade to his stomach side to evade 6p,6k+g, 8k+g, 4k+gk and 66p+k.

Doku stance evade stomach side to avoid his 4k (14 f exe).
    Kyo stance evade stomach against string ppk, either abare or play defense otherwise
    Koko stance backdash, ecdg, wait and punish,or use non sabakiable moves
    Nehan stance if you see pk string evade stomach.
    suirakan stance evade either direction be wary of k+g high full circular.
    Hai stance any direction just be wary of 2k and k+g circulars.
    Bokutai stomach side to evade k+g
    The roll ---- attack the roll quickly or be forced to defend k or catch throw.

Chanchai, AnimalStaccato and Unicorn like this.
  16. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Thx a lot, numbers! And all others who add their cents... Shame we are still missing a lot of characters

17. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Evade to Vanessa's back. Both DS/OS.

Evade to Lion's back.

18. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    I would like to delve into evading versus Jean thing a little:

He has 4 half circulars that are not variations of his charge moves if i remember correctly.
    [4][P],[P]/[K], [9][K],[P], [1][P], [6][K]+[G],
    3 of these have to be evadet towards Jeans back. Only [4][P] is front evadable.
    [4][P] is pretty widely used though, while [9][K], which has the same startup and covers his other side, isnt used very much. A good jean player would make use of both, to keep you from evading to much, but most people dont do that. That doesnt mean its not the smartest strategy to evade to jeans back, but that you have to be aware of [4][P] and its guaranteed followups on CH.

Unicorn likes this.
  19. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Both DS/OS?

20. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

In DS, it's 50/50 (6P deals far less damage than 3P+K, but is faster has more range and is a mid, so it will be used a lot more especially at close range/medium advantage).
    So I would say evade front at close range/medium disadvantage and evade back after a tech roll/large disadvantages.

In OS it's definitely to back due to 6_K